Click column header to sort
- Responsible for loading race horses in the starting gate before post time and serving as back-up for the Head Starter by performing the following duties in order to assist in reaching profitability, guest satisfaction, workforce strength, and compliance goals. - Serve as a right hand for the Head Starter.- Maintain a log of all horses that come to the gate during training hours.- Log how the horse is handled while being loaded in the starting gate. This is called putting "Marks" on the horse.- The Starter is assigned a horse to handle. They must load the horse to the best of their ability with the information given. - Report any problems with the horses or the gate to the Head Starter.- Handle race horses and load into the starting gate.- Responsible for maintenance of the starting gate such as washing gate to keep it clean.- Inspect batteries for any problems.- Set numbers on top of the starting gate, making sure that the number on the stall matches the number assigned to the horse being loaded into the gate.- Morning work consists of schooling horses or breaking these horses from the gate. Once a new horse is ready, the Asst. Starter sends them to the Head Starter for an application for an OK card.- Have the trainer bring the horse to the gate in the mornings, continually, until the Head Starter feels the horse has overcome the problem and is taken off the Head Starter's list.- Also, working with horses that have some problems while trying to load them into the gate.- Must carry out all duties assigned by the Head Starter.
- Responsible for maintenance of lawn and/or grass using mowers, edgers, and trimmers.- Rakes and maintains leaves, plants, flowers, trees, or shrubs.- Cleans up trash in parking lots/garages and exterior grounds.- Empty and clean trash containers.- Assist in snow removal and cleanup.- Assists in overall maintenance of grounds using equipment such as power washers, sweeper truck, lawn mowers, weed eaters, trimmers, edgers, etc.- Fastens attachments such as grader, harrows, floats, and rollers to tractors with hitch pins.- Releases brakes, shifts gears, and depresses accelerator or move throttle to control forward and backward movement of tractor.- Steers tractor by turning steering wheel and depressing brake pedals.- Assists in maintaining the integrity of the racing surface.- Delivers sand and clay to racetrack and barn areas.- Must clean all equipment used.- Must report problems with machinery or attachments to Motor Pool.- Assists all areas of the department when needed.- Assists with transportation of disabled horses.- Raking material around the racing surface. - You are required to follow new PPE and safety guidance designed to safeguard you, your fellow team members, and guests. This will include maintaining social distancing, wearing PPE as appropriate for your role and cleaning your workstation as necessary.
- Position ensures the proper identification of horses prior to entering track for official morning workouts. individual will be positioned at the main entrance to racetrack for morning workouts. individual will coordinate with official clocker and horsemen to obtain, and disseminate proper information on official workouts. individual may act as backup or secondary timer for morning workouts. - Proper identification of horses through variety of sources: communication with trainers/exercise riders/grooms; physical observation; verification of lip tattoo. - Verification of distance(s) for official workouts. - Backup or primary timing of some or all workouts. - Cross reference with official clocker to verify official workouts prior to disseminating to industry databases. - Must interact on a regular basis with horsemen. - Position may require manual operation of clocking systems. Days/Hours: Monday through Saturday from approximately 6:30 a.m. till Noon, Sunday from approximately 7:30 a.m. till 11 a.m.
- Answer inquiries and sell programs and Racing Forms to guests. - Sell pari-mutuel wagers to guests. - Cash winning tickets and vouchers for guests. - Provide information to guests in a courteous, polite manner. - Balance daily receipts and reconcile any shortages.
- Operates assigned bank or window according to department and regulatory guidelines - Completes all required shift paperwork according to internal control standards - Counts down bank or window at end of each shift and reconciles to the draw amount - Provides professional, courteous and sincere service to all guests - Efficiently and accurately processes all pari-mutuel wagers - Efficiently and accurately pays out winners - Can explain the wagering rules and procedures to guests in a pleasant and friendly manner - Presents oneself as a Credit to the company and encourages others to do the same - Responsible for providing exceptional Red Carpet Customer Service to all guests
- Benefits: Medical and other benefits, PTO (paid time off), Team Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, opportunity for growth and MORE!- Must assist with all morning work in Racing Secretary’s office. This work includes; rider changes, producing the next day’s program, getting entries filled, and getting the overnight accurately completed and distributed for the following race day.- Must act, at times as Placing Judge. These duties include observing races from start to finish and correctly determining the final outcome using a viper computer system and photo finish systems as tools. - Must act, at times as Paddock Judge. These duties include observing the horses in the paddock prior to the running of a race, to ensure the horses are wearing the proper equipment for racing; also ensures a responsible trainer or groom is in the paddock to saddle the horse and prepare it for the race. The Paddock Judge is also involved in seeing that a published workout is in the program or announced if not available by press time. Paddock Judge also works with trainers in schooling horses to ensure their removal from the Paddock Judge’s list.- Must at, at times as Identifier. These duties include being responsible for foal papers, Coggins test results, and tattoos insuring the correct horse is running in any given race. The Identifier goes to the paddock at race time and checks each horse’s tattoo. The Identifier is also responsible for tracking changes to ownership and with regard to trainers. - Must act, at times as Claim Clerk. These duties include verifying the person making the claim is in good standing with the License Clerk and Bookkeeping offices. Once the claim is verified the Claims Clerk ensures the appropriate person receives the claim slip. In the event there are more than one claim, the Claims Clerk makes sure each parties has a fair chance at the claim. - Must act, at times as Clerk of Scales. These duties include tracking rider changes and scratches with respect to a live racing program, maintaining apprentice jockey certificates, overseeing the weigh-out and weigh-in of jockeys racing and reporting all changes to the appropriate parties.- Must gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the West Virginia rules of Racing.- Must have outstanding customer services skills. - You are required to follow new PPE and safety guidance designed to safeguard you, your fellow team members, and guests. This will include maintaining social distancing, wearing PPE as appropriate for your role and cleaning your workstation as necessary.
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment. - Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers.- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events.- Operates assigned bank or window according to department and regulatory guidelines. - Completes all required shift paperwork according to internal control standards. - Counts down bank or window at end of each shift and reconciles to the draw amount.- Provides professional, courteous, and sincere service to all guests.- Efficiently and accurately processes all pari-mutuel wagers. - Efficiently and accurately pays out winners. - Can explain the wagering rules and procedures to guests in a pleasant and friendly manner. - Presents oneself as a credit to the company and encourages others to do the same.- Responsible for providing exceptional ACES Customer Service to all internal and external guests.- Assist Manager with all aspects of Mutuels operations including monitoring of simulcast.- The ability to manage a budget to meet the business needs.- Responsible for team member adherence to departmental policies, operating procedures, directives, and regulationsEnsure compliance to company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements or restrictions, and any Union collective bargaining agreement.- Ensure the highest level of quality and standards.- Assist management to ensure that employee morale is maintained at a high level- Actively coordinate with senior facilities and maintenance staff to ensure to meet a high level of standards.- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of employee performance and department incidents.- Adhere to all Corporate and local policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.- Demonstrate abilities to meet performance expectations with Communications, Initiative/Problem Solving, Guest Service/Interpersonal Relations, Work Habits and Conduct, and Responsible Gaming/Business Ethics- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and team members may also be asked to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned. Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises with appropriate notification to Team Members.- Other duties, as needed.
- Responsible for providing great customer service while issuing betting transactions to player. - Adheres to all departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards. - Responsible for learning and understanding all facets of horse racing. - inputs wagers into the tote machine and cashes/cancels tickets. - Responsible for accurate wagers. - Responsible for maintaining and balancing a cash drawer; balances to zero and pays shortages to the main bank. - Assists in providing players with information regarding scratched horses, race cancellations, payoffs/delays, and prices. - Responsible for complying with The Meadows’ AML Compliance Program. - Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned. - Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.