Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Black Hawk, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Starting salary for this position is $58,000 and range is based on experience.
As a Table Games Pit Manager, you are responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift in the Table Games department. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives. You are also responsible for managing and overseeing all gaming operations to include; yielding table limits, opening and closing table based on demand, managing staffing levels, monitoring significant play, building relationships with guest, and providing guidance and leadership to Table Games Assistant Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Ensures enforcement of games procedures and policies as outlined in company and departmental manuals, and in accordance with internal Controls; monitors for compliance.
- Responsible for the accountability of the chips, cards, dice, and all other gaming equipment.
- Verifies table inventories and effectively manages table limits.
- Responsible for the overall integrity of daily Pit operations on assigned shift.
- Opens, closes and yields games to provide for optimal labor efficiency and customer service.
- Maintains knowledge of the status of all assigned games relative to win/loss ratios, as well as significant players and action
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Casino Operations Manager.
- Ensure compliance with Title 31 requirements and processes.
- Report daily gaming activity to Casino Operations Managers.
- Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise
- Effectively handles customer concerns and requests. Makes final decisions regarding service recovery.
- Grants complimentary services to high limit players according to established guidelines, and resolves guest complaints or problems to ensure courteous and friendly service to all gaming customers.
- Conduct individual or group pre-shift meetings with team members and provide daily feedback.
- Drive improved results through staff development and training programs.
- Promote a positive environment for all guests and team members to promote the return visit of guests and achieve job satisfaction for all team members.
- Ensures team members have the tools needed to do their jobs to maximize efficiently.
- Effectively use, administer, and manage rewards and recognition for front line team members.
- Review the performance, productivity, and efficiency of team members including but not limited to periodic evaluations.
- Maintain the morale of the department through open communication and teamwork by deploying targeted communication strategies that inform and build support.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Provide visible leadership in gaming operation areas.
- Works closely with Casino Operations Manager to implement and oversee overall strategies for the overall engagement, customer service, comp ability, games layout and mix, revenue growth, and expense management in order to maximize profitability.
- Responsible for directing special projects as assigned by Casino Operations Manager, including development, implementation, effectiveness and evaluation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A/B.S.) or equivalent; or four to eight years of service in a comparable Table Games Operations leadership position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to observe and identify suspected advantage players, as well as to observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Complete knowledge of all games on the casino floor, including rules and advantage play methods.
- Strong understanding of theoretical win.
- Strong understanding of at least one count system and basic strategy.
- Must have be proficient in computer knowledge to include keyboarding skills, all Microsoft Office applications, email usage, and database, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, team and peers to resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
The Team Member supervises Table Games Assistant Managers, Table Games Dual Rates and Table Games Dealers.
- Responsible for team development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for Team Member performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Obtain and maintain a Colorado Key License within 120 days of accepting the position.
- Must successfully complete and maintain all compliance training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Click HERE to see our Team Member BENEFITS.
Equal Opportunity Employer