Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Cactus Petes Resorts Casino, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding any concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with departmental and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Ensures that guest rooms are well maintained and in proper repair.
- Oversees daily cleaning of occupied rooms and preparation of rooms for new check-ins.
- Maintains adequate inventory of all supplies.
- Ensures that linen and supplies are tracked and accounted for daily.
- Expedites and oversees special requests from the Front Desk.
- Monitors, maintains, and makes recommendations on level of cleanliness in hotel rooms.
- Responsible for the housekeeping operation of a designated shift in the absence of manager.
- inspects all vacant rooms to ensure housekeeping specifications are met.
- Reports all maintenance problems and assures protection of all hotel property from possible damage.
- Maintains knowledge of and compliance with all safety and health standards set by OSHA and local Health Department.
- Monitors team member appearance, carts, equipment, and cleaning supplies; ensures storerooms and properly stocked with linens and supplies.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Associate degree (A.A.) in a related field; or minimum one (1) year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to perform the physical job duties of all Housekeeping team members in times of emergencies.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be able to operate all Housekeeping equipment, including but not limited to vacuum cleaners, floor machines, washer, dryer, carpet extractors, computer, copy machine, mop, broom, and handheld radio.
- Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Flexible to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as business needs dictate.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer