Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Black Hawk, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Salary range for this position starts at $97,000.00 and is based on experience.
- Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the IT department. Develops, implements, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Ensures that scheduling is done in an effective and efficient manner, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives, and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring, and adhering to budgets; ensures compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns/deviations to Executive Management/GM.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Collaborates closely with the Corporate information Technology organization regarding cross functional governance, architecture, standards, etc.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs, and evaluates the property's information and technology functions.
- Participates in the development of the corporation's strategic logics to include plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on information and technology.
- Translates the strategic logics and tactical business plans into operational plans and systems structures.
- Manages the remote access process.
- Evaluates and advises on the effect of long-range planning of new strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the technical operating platforms of the property.
- Develops design and implementation strategies to ensure property is kept abreast of technology trends within the industry in accordance with enterprise governance and architectural standards.
- Develops integration strategies to ensure optimal efficiency of computer systems and programs with existing end users.
- Develops and maintains disaster recovery strategies to ensure business continuance in case of systems failures in accordance with enterprise governance and architectural standards.
- Ensures adequate processing and storage capacity for growing business demands based on customer volumes.
- Continually reassesses the competitiveness of all information assets against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the property with management and employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of information issues.
- Develops appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of all deployed information systems in accordance with enterprise governance and architectural standards.
- Coordinates the interdepartmental efforts relative to information systems throughout the property.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to Executive team.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to Executive Management/GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management information Systems or related field and minimum three (3) years of project leadership or general management experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Subject matter knowledge of Gaming Operations required.
- Five (5)+ years of demonstrated experience in the application of a wide range of systems preferred.
- Experience with Governance and information Security frameworks (PCI, NIST, SOX, Audit) required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Business management, systems management, project management, contract negotiation and administration, operating, and capital budgeting skills required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to manage employees working in a high-pressure environment towards successful results for the property and company.
- Must have strong administrative, P/L management, technical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven expertise in handling user problems and vendor relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, direct, and monitor multiple tasks and assignments.
- Must have technical knowledge of the PC environment including hardware, operating systems, and networking; must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to analyze problems and apply logical/cost-effective solutions.
- Experience recommending and implementing proven technologies that apply to business strategies and system needs.
- Experience with strategic planning and tactical deployment of objectives that provide effective and efficient operations and support for the property.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Click HERE to see our Team Member BENEFITS.
Equal Opportunity Employer