Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Casino East Chicago, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives, and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; ensures compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with departmental and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Ensures the day-to-day cleaning of the casino property is performed to established standards; ensures deep cleaning activities are performed with minimal impact to operations, during applicable shift.
- inspects completed work.
- Makes recommendations for needed supplies and equipment; assists in ordering all supplies and equipment inventory.
- Responsible for ensuring OSHA standards are followed.
- Responsible for ensuring department has all necessary tools to complete tasks and that all equipment is in working order.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field from four-year college or university; or two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English. - Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Must be able to perform the physical job duties of all EVS team members in times of emergencies.
- Must be able to operate all standard EVS equipment, including, but not limited to vacuum cleaners, floor machines, carpet extractors, computer, copy machine, mop, broom, and handheld radio.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer