Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. As the digital arm to Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S., ), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S., we are poised for fast-paced growth in the sports betting and online casino space and have partnered with Barstool Sports to launch an online sportsbook and casino, and Barstool branded physical sportsbooks.
The Sportsbook and iGaming Compliance Analyst will be responsible for assisting compliance team with matters for retail sportsbooks, real money interactive sportsbook and online casino under any of the Penn National Brands, including but not limited to Barstool Sportsbook and iCasino, Hollywood Casino, or myChoice casino.
This role will act as a resource to the Director of New Market Operations and the Compliance team to ensure that the Compliance team is supporting the digital business with its various initiatives and ambitions. As the business rapidly grows, the Sportsbook & iGaming Compliance Analyst will assist in assessing compliance-related business needs and new market planning initiatives. The position will also aid in key areas such as: Rules and Regulations Review, Retail Sportsbook Support, Competitive Research, and Interactive Skins Partner Management.
• Partner with the Director or New Market Operations and Compliance Project Manager to work across teams to assist planning for new interactive sportsbook/casino initiatives
• Liaise with internal teams and external partners for planning efforts to support new sportsbook openings across the Penn National portfolio, and other external B2B opportunities Penn Interactive pursues
• Track and monitor permissible and impermissible sports wagers in various states, and share findings with relevant internal teams
• Work with retail sportsbooks to ensure all compliance matters are adhered.
• Aid with the development and maintenance of compliance recordkeeping and various evolving documents
• Assist with developing slide decks and other summaries
• Proactively identify and anticipate issues that may negatively impact business and make the necessary changes to flag these to relevant stakeholders
• Actively research industry compliance regulations and policies, conduct competitor research, and provide feedback to the Compliance and Product Team
• Partner with other departments as needed to support the organization’s needs
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Preference in gaming, compliance or regulatory related field.
• 2+ years of work experience within a similar role. Experience in the Gambling industry is a plus.
• Able to understand and adhere to any regulatory standards and changes and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders.
• Strong ability to analyze and document necessary business processes.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understand regulatory requirements for licensing, operations and products.
• Desire to work with a team but also independently as needed
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills needed
• Able to effectively communicate with excellent execution to ensure the achievement of personal and company objectives.
• Results, goal, and detailed oriented
• Experience in gathering and understanding requirements and the ability to negotiate the “Right Solution” for the business while meeting all regulatory expectations.
• Experience working with larger teams to plan and deliver solutions on time to outside parties.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and to work under the pressure of short time constraints.
• Must be able to develop and maintain cordial and professional relationships with all levels of the business.
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our employees, through a private exchange which allows our team members the ability to choose from several coverage levels and insurance carriers (both local and national carriers). Along with medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, there are also voluntary plans available to employees. PI also offers our employees office perks such as free catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in the office.
Penn Interactive is committed to cultivating a diverse and stimulating work environment to achieve extraordinary results. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make impacting change! We have a strong culture of teamwork, collaboration, mutual respect and transparency.