Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At River City Casino & Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Adheres to all departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Provides wine, liquor, and related bar service to guests and cocktail servers at assigned stations.
- Mixes drinks according to prescribed recipes.
- Keeps station stocked with all liquor, glasses, and accessories necessary.
- Maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional, and responsive customer service to guests.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated area.
- ices and fills all non-alcoholic drinks for servers.
- Provides work direction to assigned bar attendants.
- Opens and closes bar according to established procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining and balancing a cash drawer, Credit charges, and servers’ food transactions, including tips.
- Resolves service issues according to established guidelines.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a bartender in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have cash handling experience.
- Ability to share or divide attention among several ongoing activities, projects, or assignments.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Able to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a sense of urgency.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain poise when receiving multiple guest requests.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around bar area.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime, as business needs dictate.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer