Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At River City Casino & Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for learning and being familiar with the facility’s room outlets, and for being able to answer general questions regarding the property.
- Reads food orders from computer printouts, and prepares food items, according to established menu plans.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and menu to ensure consistency of products to the guests.
- Washes, slices, peels, and/or cuts various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Ensures work procedures, quality standards, and menu specifications are executed according to established guidelines.
- Coordinates with and communicates orders to dining room staff.
- Prepares all food items accurately in a timely manner.
- Completes all assigned prep items as written on prep sheet.
- Uses and maintains all assigned areas and equipment in a sanitary, safe, and effective manner.
- Observes and enforces Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, proper steam table temperature, and cleanliness of work environment.
- Attends company training programs as scheduled.
- Completes opening, closing, and other side duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- Communicates as needed with Lead Cook and Sous Chefs.
- Performs all job functions in conjunction with the guidelines described in the Standard Operating Procedures manual to ensure consistent execution of company and departmental standards.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; degree in Culinary Arts or recognized apprenticeship preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a Line Cook required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have basic reading and math skills for recipes and measurements.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare a wide variety of food items, to standard, in a high-volume, fast-paced operation.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the application of sanitation procedures.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer