Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino St. Louis, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional, and responsive customer service to restaurant guests and restaurant staff.
- Engages in friendly conversations with guest whenever possible using the 10/5 rule: 10 feet
– make eye contact and smile, 5 feet
– greet and speak to guest. Provides personalized service and uses guest’s name at least twice during all interactions. Greets each guest entering restaurant.
- Operates a cash register/POS System, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge, and complimentary sales according to established procedure; maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities.
- Keeps designated working area clean and organized; assists in maintaining cleanliness of dining room, including host stand area, as necessary or required, in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Resolves service issues according to the service recovery toolbox.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- Thanks customers, invites them back, wishes them luck, and makes it easy for them to get back in play.
- High School Diploma, GED, or comparable experience.
- Prior customer service in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Previous cashiering experience in a high-volume restaurant preferred.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment.
- Must be able to accurately and quickly process all cash transactions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. (Cash drawer, cash register/POS supplies, tables, and chairs).
- Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., pens, money, Credit cards), bend, stoop, and twist while handling financial transactions; stand and walk for up to four hours; able to use hand motions when receiving payment and giving change, when using the cash register/POS system, and when cleaning and wiping cashier areas. - Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, and bright lights.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer