The Assistant Director of Property Accounting is responsible for assisting managing shared service general ledger accounting. In this role, the person will be responsible for overseeing the General Ledger, working closely with property accounting teams, the preparation of monthly financial statements, financial audits, and internal controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary for the entire enterprise:
- Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the shared services property accounting department. Develops, implements, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Plans, supervises and assists the team in performing daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes to properly record, classify and control financial transactions.
- Responsible for timely preparation and interpretation of all financial information for Property Accounting including financial statements, daily financial information, and other reports as required.
- Responds to the needs of proeprty leadership team across all levels for special reports and interpretation of financial results and related systems, as well as potential problem areas.
- Responsible for the implementation of new system applications critical to the property and or region and recommends enhancement to existing and new systems.
- Establishes and maintains strong accounting controls sufficient to ensure compliance with the regulation and mandates of all governing bodies, both internal and external.
- Establishes acceptable accounting procedures in revenue recognition and expenses to effectively control the assets and liabilities of the company.
- Ensures timely responses to internal and external audit recommendations. Ensures that corrective action plans are developed and implemented where needed.
- Advises operators on best practices and partners with them to develop solutions to achieve the goals of the business.
- Reviews and recommends procedural efficiencies related to departmental processes.
- Ensures the monthly accrual journal entries and related miscellaneous accounting adjustments are prepared and posted at month end and reconcile and adjust the month end closing balances to ensure complete and accurate accounting for the period.
- Ensures monthly reconciliations are performed timely and reconciling items are dealt with according to company policy.
- Responsible for the development and completeness of month and year end accounting closing process.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Director.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.