Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Casino East Chicago, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the Table Games department.
- Develops, implements, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives, and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Assists in the budget process for the department and provides recommendations; ensures compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with departmental and company standards and programs.
- Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Responsible for the overall achievement of departmental customer service goals.
- Effectively handles customer concerns and requests; makes final decisions regarding service recovery.
- Responsible for the accountability of the chips, cards, dice, and all other gaming equipment.
- Verifies table inventories and effectively manages table limits.
- Works closely with Vice President/Director/Manager to implement and oversee overall strategies for engagement, customer service, comp ability, games layout and mix, revenue growth, and expense management in order to maximize profitability.
- Maintains and processes all paperwork, logs, schedules, and communication pertaining to the Table Games department.
- Responsible for the overall engagement of all team members by addressing and managing team member feedback, suggestions, complaints, and grievances.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to Executive Management/GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Associate degree (A.A.) in related field; or four (4) years of experience in a comparable Table Games Operations leadership position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and have knowledge of Table Games operating systems.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have extensive knowledge of all Table Games and Table Games Operations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as business needs dictate.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer