Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Cactus Petes Resorts Casino, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the following areas of the Marketing Department: Advertising, Promotions, and Special Events/Entertainment.
- Develops, implements, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives, and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provides recommendations; ensures compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with departmental and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Responsible for the overall achievement of departmental customer service goals.
- Responsible for the management of all Marketing Support Services to include advertising, public relations, and internal department requests. Responsible for press releases and media correspondence in relation to marketing programs or property advertising.
- Manages relationships with outside vendors to ensure timely, accurate, and cost-effective production campaigns.
- Responsible for the management of all property promotions to include slot tournaments, brand promotions, and ViP events.
- Creates strategic plans and calendar for promotions and host goals.
- Manages oversight of media used to communicate current and upcoming promotional efforts for the guests, team members, and regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for planning and organizing the regularly scheduled entertainment acts for all performances on property. Dresses in appropriate uniform/attire based upon event/venue, occasionally a costume may be used.
- Enhances guest interactions by providing a friendly greeting, offering directions, answering questions, making announcements, and creating an upbeat and positive atmosphere.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to Executive Management/GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in Marketing, Finance, or related field; five (5) years of progressively more challenging leadership roles in Marketing or Operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in multiple communication channels including direct mail, e-mail and, social media required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Strong client interface and presentation skills preferred.
- Must have exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage employees working in a high-pressure environment toward successful results for the property and company.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have demonstrated ability to drive toward results.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer