Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Cactus Petes Resorts Casino, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
• Efficiently and effectively meet the business needs of various departments through information technology support.
• Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processes, interpret data or improve systems.
• Perform analyses and assist in a variety of activities including, but not limited to, providing support in problem resolution, technical assistance in setup, installation and configuration of desktop hardware and software.
• Provide a high-level of support to complex applications and technical environments.
• Responsible for software and hardware support for the business; Casino, Hotel, administration.
• Develops and maintains policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the support services function and applications support.
• Provides technical advice, guidance and informal training to customers using hardware and software applications.
• Troubleshoots technical software and hardware problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures.
• Performs root cause analysis and develops checklists for typical problems.
• Recommends procedures and controls for problem prevention.
• Maintains knowledge database and call tracking database to enhance quality of problem resolutions.
• Works well in a team setting, including sharing information and assisting others with support issues.
• Ensures data integrity by keeping system security rights up to date at all times.
• Learns specific input/output requirements, forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
• Responsible for training of users on proper usage of software and assisting in the daily functions of the department
• Works flexible hours, including evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays including, but not limited to, participating in the on-call rotation program.
• Helps in the training of Technical Support Analyst.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Associate’s degree in computer science, equivalent course work or work experience required
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT systems analysis or equivalent.
• Technical and software support in the gaming industry a plus.
• LAN administration a plus.
• Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• CCNA, MCP or MSCE technical certifications preferred.
• Technical certifications: i.e. A+, Net+ certification preferred.
• Experience with SOX compliance and IT audit readiness preferred.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer