A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino St. Louis, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- This position is responsible for providing superior service to our guests.
- Must seek out opportunities to be of service.
- Maintains highly visible patrols to ensure a safe gaming experience.
- Assures quality support to other departments so that they may serve guests more effectively.
- Promotes the property promotions and events.
- Maintains public order and enforces safety rules.
- Responsible for protecting property and assets.
- investigates disturbances in the hotel, casino, or racing areas.
- Creates fun and excitement with the customer.
- Responsible for actively patrolling sections/floor looking for interaction opportunities, answering calls while still maintaining the ability to build relationships.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Previous customer service experience.
- Able to handle stressful situations dealing with the general public.
- Ability to work in an environment, which may be noisy and/or have excessive cigarette smoke.
- Need tact when dealing with difficult customers.
- Run on level surfaces, as well as up and down stairs.
- Ability to identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts and defend self and others in combative situations.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas including walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to multi task as required (Security Officers cover a wide variety of different posts and work with all departments).
- Required to initiate positive interactions with guests and employees.
- The ability to operate company motor vehicles.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel, and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer