Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Margaritaville Casino & Resort Bossier City, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of equipment to provide utilities such as light, heating, air conditioning, and room maintenance.
- Inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
- Performs repairs to equipment in the Hotel Tower.
- Responsible for all general maintenance and repair of minor problems throughout the building as directed by a supervisor.
- Ensures adherence to OSHA regulations and internal safety policies and procedures.
- Performs minor structural repairs including, sheet rock, doors, trim, and plumbing.
- Reports inventories and work schedules to maintenance supervisor every day.
- Conducts preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for training on procedures and requirements.
- Supports and maintains Margaritaville courtesy guidelines.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: - High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). - Minimum of two years of experience in mechanics.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and direct activities of hotel maintenance mechanics.
REASONING ABILITY: - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. - Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: - Ability to read blueprints. - Adherence to security procedures and must work in highly visible work environment. - Ability to obtain the appropriate work authorization per gaming regulations required. - Ability to work in a drug free environment and pass a chemical dependency test as required.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer