Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At L'Auberge Baton Rouge, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to culinary team members and buffet guests. Greets, and makes welcome, each guest approaching their station
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding food items (i.e., preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients)
- Prepares food items per guest order as required including, but not limited to, breakfast items, entrees and desserts according to guest request
- Employs proper cooking methods, cooks to specifications, and handles, stores and rotates food properly in accordance with established health and safety standards
- Slice, dice, chop and prepare raw products
- Carve meats, portion food on serving plates, add gravies and sauces, and garnish plates as required
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards
- Maintains par levels of operating supplies and food product for each workstation obtaining replacement stock from warehouse inventory in accordance with procedure
- Operates and maintains all equipment and utensils as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures
- Provides personalized service and uses guests’ names when possible
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas
- Three years’ prior experience as Cook in high volume food service operation
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation, and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Basic knowledge of food preparation techniques
- Knowledge of weights, measures and recipe yield
- Possess and maintain culinary tools (knives) to perform the necessary job functions
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Must be able to tolerate areas with high temperatures
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer