Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At L'Auberge Baton Rouge, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Greet guests in a timely manner with a smile and a pleasant disposition.
- Must be familiar with menu, preparation of drinks and food and prices.
- Use suggestive selling techniques.
- Explain the ingredients to the coffee.
- Carry on a friendly conversation with the guests, as coffee is prepared.
- Prepare for the next shift by filling the supplies, cleaning and sanitizing the workstation and equipment.
- Work as a Barista making coffee, blended beverages, etc.
- Work the cash register and maintain an accurate bank, maintain cleanliness.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Previous cash handling experience an asset.
- Previous Food & Beverage experience helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Able to work in constricting areas
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer