Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At L'Auberge Lake Charles, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
The Asst. Riverboat Superintendent is responsible for managing the operation of the casino vessel ensuring compliance with the all applicable USCG regulations and the policies/procedures of L’auberge Lake Charles. The Asst. Riverboat Superintendent in this position is also responsible for the cleaning and environmental maintenance of the building and grounds of the property. This position is responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for guests and employees, promoting and retaining a highly skilled work force serving both the external and internal guests by providing a clean, friendly, and safe atmosphere throughout the facility.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
1. Adheres to and enforces compliance with all regulations established by Louisiana State Police Gaming, United States Coast Guard, ABS Consulting, and other applicable agencies pertaining to riverboat gaming and vessel operations while adhering to the policies and procedures set forth by L’auberge Lake Charles Casino Resort.
2. Maintains all equipment onboard the vessel at a level commiserate with a premier gaming resort by using a preventative maintenance schedule, inspections, and tracking of tasks assigned/completed.
3. Directs all vessel personnel to complete projects, maintenance/repair tasks and cleaning duties with minimal impact to guest service. Maintains through supervision and direct observation, a continuous awareness of all operational areas.
4. Assists in sub-contractor service negotiations and follows up on contracted work to ensure timely completion and fulfillment of company expectations.
5. Manages routine and preventative maintenance programs, all emergency procedures including fire, evacuation, etc. for the vessel. Ensures that all emergencies are drilled and documented regularly (every emergency and drilled quarterly) to guarantee that employees are proficient in knowing how to handle any emergency.
6. Ensures compliance with OSHA standards and regulations, as well as state, local, and federal ordinances.
7. Trains, motivates, and supervises personnel on assigned shifts. Disciplines, and reviews in accordance to company policy all team members to achieve established objectives.
8. Apprises work situations; directs, delegates, schedules and organizes work crews to accomplish assigned job functions. Assigns routine and non-routine job functions.
9. Maintains departmental cleanliness standards through inspection process throughout all assigned areas of responsibility by observing and correcting any work-related deficiencies.
10. Keeps all logs up to date throughout your watch as tasks are completed.
11. Keeps all systems up to regulation and demonstrates all tests as required by ASBC inspections.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ability to create or read and interpret documents such as vessel schematics, blueprints, construction drawings, and policy and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine correspondence and process needed reports.
• Ability to speak effectively with guests and/or team members.
• Ability to create or carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to observe and direct actions of subordinates.
• Ability to deal with problems and implement effective solutions.
• Must obtain and maintain the appropriate work authorization required to perform job responsibilities.
• Must be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
• Ability to work in a drug free environment and pass a chemical dependency test as required.
• May be exposed to strong fumes, waste materials or toxins.
• This position operates in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, cold, heat, humidity, vibration, crowds, and smoke.
• Prior experience on board riverboat casinos preferred.
• High degree of interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills, and team building skills preferred.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and prioritize heavy workload with competing priorities.
• Must obtain and maintain valid gaming license.
• Demonstrated Engineering maintenance and management experience.
• Superior Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and HVAC skills preferred.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through:
• An Associate’s degree in Facilities Management or related field and at least 3 years of progressive experience managing a multifunctional maintenance and OR an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
These requirements may alternatively be acquired through licensing as an Oiler/QMED.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer