Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Tropicana Hotel and Casino we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
• Maintain cleanliness of the Property to include public area walkways, casino, restrooms, restaurants, retail stores, office areas, and entrances to property.
• Sweep around slot areas and cleans slot machines, chairs, ashtrays, slot stands, walls, pillars, storage boxes, and outside of change booths.
• Clean restrooms including sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning urinals and toilets with proper chemicals, wiping down walls and mirrors, and vacuuming carpets.
• Vacuum carpets in the restaurants and retail stores, cleans and dusts shelves, and cleans windows.
• Dust mops and wet mops marble floors and vacuums walkway carpets.
• Sweep sidewalks and driveways and replaces full trash bags with clean bags.
• Dust shelves and cabinets wipes down walls and cleans windows and mirrors in offices.
• Perform other job-related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• At least 6 months of experience in a related cleaning field.
• At least 6 months of guest contact experience.
• Working knowledge of general cleaning supplies.
• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
• Excellent customer skills.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both in written and oral form.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer