As a Laundry Room Attendant you are responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer. The incumbent is also responsible for performing the daily operations of the laundry facilities. This includes loading, washing and storing of laundry items.
1. Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
2. Operates flatwork iron, sorts, and feeds and pulls linens. Catches, folds, stacks and bundles with tying machine. Sorts and loads towels onto linen cart.
3. Stacks linens onto shelves.
4. Maintains inventory control, item count and associated recordkeeping.
5. Will assist as a washer/sorter as requested.
• This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of wet/humid conditions, heat and noise, the severity of which depends upon work volume. Incumbents are at times subjected to hazards such as chemicals. Proper precautions are taken.
• Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, flatwork ironer and towel-folding machine.
• Ability to inspect laundry items, maintain inventory control and perform all associated recordkeeping.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently move around laundry area.
• Requires the ability to twist and lift up to 50 pounds, and push/pull loads of up to 100 pounds, so as to be able to load, wash and store laundry items.
• Ability to feed flatwork ironer machine and stack product (sheets).
• Ability to feed towel-folding machine
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to maneuver a train of carts; each cart weighing up to 600 lbs (loaded with sheets and towels) powered by a cart engine through heavily congested areas and up to ½ mile.
• This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying noise levels, the severity of which depends upon work volume.
• This position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Effective communication skills.
• Prior laundry experience preferred.