Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Argosy Casino Riverside we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
• Responsible for providing guidance and daily supervision to staff in the department. Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
• Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
• Responsible for supporting compliance to departmental budgets.
• Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
• Ensures team provides high level of quality service standards.
• Compliant with all regulatory requirements within area of responsibility.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolve guests’ complaints while supporting all customer service programs.
• Supports Front Desk team members with tasks as needed.
• Adheres to operational goals.
• Works toward operational goals and monitors achievement of performance objectives.
• Protects and preserves assets of the company.
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
• Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
• Provides coaching and counseling to team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Associates Degree (A. A.) in hotel, tourism, or hospitality (or related field); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Work, and Outlook).
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Knowledge of hotel system software.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Must successfully complete C.A.R.E or TIPS training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer