Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
· Must enjoy hosting others.
· Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
· Must be proficient in common computer programs; prior experience with salesforce.com or casino marketing programs is preferred.
· 3 years of sales, casino, management or hospitality experience preferred.
· Experience balancing a budget and understanding of profit margin growth preferred.
· Ability to communicate with internal and/or external guests.
· Multi-lingual ability preferred.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S) in Business, Marketing or Hospitality from an accredited four-year college or university or commensurate experience required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of America money and weight measurement, volume and distance. Possess ability to operate an adding machine and have basic computer skills.
Reasoning Ability: Be able to make quick, reasonable decisions regarding patron and team member interactions. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, push, pull, carry, reach, bend, twist and talk or hear when performing job duties in varying work areas. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Team Members must be drug and nicotine free.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
· All Team Members at Hollywood are under surveillance (and audio surveillance in limited areas). Performance may be observed and recorded.
· Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second-hand tobacco smoke.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer