Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Tropicana Hotel and Casino we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift in the Security department. Supports, administers and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
• Assists in creating effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
• Assists in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
• Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
• Responsible for the ongoing training of shift personnel in emergency operating procedures.
• Enforce internal control policies and procedures including but not limited too; underage gambling and drinking laws
• Maintain safety and inspections reports for the property
• Conduct regular security post inspections
• Prepare security incident reports and maintain security logs.
• Respond to guests and team member concerns and complaints and solve their problems with professionalism and compassion.
• Interact and cooperate with regulatory, fire/rescue and law enforcement agencies.
• Ensure security officers adhere to uniform dress and grooming standards consistent with department and company standards.
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S.); or four years of casino Security, military, or police experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of security protocol.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications.
• Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Nevada CCW License within 6 months of employment.
Responsible for staff development and training programs.
• Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
• Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to team members in regards to performance.
• Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
• Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
• Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer