The Director of Strategic Sourcing is responsible for directing and managing the sourcing, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing to leverage buying power and recommend appropriate Procurement strategies and tactics to obtain desired results for indirect purchases and spend focusing on assigned region and/or other regions as needed. These areas include but are not limited to gaming, food and beverage, hotel, retail, RV park, pool, etc. This role has extensive interaction with other Sourcing Leads and/or Business Partners to ensure that total costs are identified, and optimal savings are realized in the execution of contracts. The Director of Strategic Sourcing also directs Strategic Category Management processes, procedures, supplier category segmentation, metrics/KPI development and application, scorecard format, contract management, etc. This role is accountable for the overall development and implementation of category strategy, direction and ensuring that categories and sub-categories are driven through the rigorous Procurement Methodology from category initiation through supplier management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary within assigned region:
- Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the Procurement department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Champions the utilization of the PNG strategic sourcing process to develop and implement sourcing strategies for the portfolio of managed categories, insuring review and approval by key stakeholders and Procurement Leadership.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns / deviations to VP.
- Ensures proper maintaining of procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories. Disscusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control. Makes changes as necessary.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Serves as the single point of contact in providing dedicated expert leadership to the sourcing function for properties in the assigned region to understand best practices in the sourcing function and to develop a category strategy to implement these (including but not limited to ease of transacting business).
- Directs tenders and sourcing projects, as well as contract negotiations, to deliver best value (price / service) and minimize risk to each property.
- Responsible for the integration of strategic sourcing and deployment of activity within the portfolio of managed categories through effective change management and communication utilizing Global Category Management principles and techniques.
- Develops category strategies and effective engagement while delivering agreed-to cost savings and value targets of the team while driving lower cost of procurement goals. Establishes the lowest cost of acquisition through negotiation of all supply parameters including Terms of Payments, Vendor Managed Inventory (where appropriate), as well as opportunities for reducing cost through demand chain integration.
- Works closely with alignment with Property/Functional Leaders and shares relevant information to assist in coordination of global category management and strategic sourcing activities regionally as needed.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts (included but not limited to processes and use of systems and tools).
- Performs special projects as needed.
- Ensures the financial delivery of the agreed upon savings goals to be established for each functional area within procurement.
- Promotes the establishment of cooperative relationships with key suppliers and ensures that all suppliers are treated in a professional, ethical and fair manner. Measures supplier performance using rating systems or predetermined standards including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service-Level Agreements (SLA).
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to VP of Procurement.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.