The Graphic Designer role supports the internal marketing departments and external creative agency to create, slice, resize, optimize and prep artwork for web/landing pages, email, social platforms, as well as online advertising units. This is in addition to creating and prepping artwork for print advertising, graphics, property signage, menus, direct mail, and any other print design as required.
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Creates and finalizes web ready assets based on concepts and templates provided by Penn’s agency for digital media marketing and advertising to include website graphics for desktop and mobile websites, emails, social media posts, online display advertising gifs, video and animations. This includes but is not limited to: photo editing, cropping, retouching, slicing and resizing assets for online distribution.
- Creates and finalizes pre-press files based on concepts and templates provided by Penn’s creative agency for print advertising. This includes, but is not limited to, print advertising, graphics, property signage, menus, direct mail, and any other print design as required.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with vendors and internal stakeholders on spec, hand-off assets, and ensure designs are free of errors before sending to press.
- Maintains graphic library for in-house murals, signage and collateral.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with and hand-off assets to appropriate website Managers and Specialists within the department.
- Produces finished, creative content artwork in appropriate sizes and formats in a timely and accurate manner, as directed and prioritized by the Sr. Graphic Designer or Director of Creative Services.
- Organizes, maintains and files work on the network in an organized fashion, following the standards/guidelines for the master file structure and naming conventions.
- Manages graphic templates by updating and archiving them as necessary.
- Works with other Graphic Designers on best practices and standards as they apply to digital and print based design work.
- Maintains daily assigned workflow and deliver pieces as required by assigned deadlines.
- Produces creative designs for projects as necessary.
- Develops and implements creative designs for projects as necessary.
- Coordinates the creative design and production of materials for marketing programs, ad campaigns, and on-property collateral as directed and assigned by the Sr. Graphic Designer and/or Director of Creative Services.
- Communicates and interfaces effectively with internal clients to determine the scope of a project; present creative design concepts to internal clients (managers and departments); designs and creates graphics for advertising/marketing material based on the concepts needed for the materials.
- Reviews designs for errors before printing and publishing them.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.