Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Columbus we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
• Assists in resolving guest opportunities, conflicts, and complaints on behalf of the Company in a fair and equitable manner.
• Develops relationship with players to grow customer base and increase Company revenues by assuring customer retention and repeat business.
• Attracts and manages customers through weekly telemarketing and in person contact on the casino floor. Exercises discretion to provide guests with hospitality arrangements, including rooms, food, beverages, and assists with special requests.
• Proactively seeks out new business on casino floor, introducing the benefits of and soliciting enrollment for the Marquee Rewards program.
• Highly knowledgeable of credit procedures, if applicable. Encourages the use of credit and may extend lines of credit when appropriate and permissible by state regulatory law.
• Devotes significant time being visible and available on the casino floor in order to meet and greet guests during individual visits as well during special events.
• Resolves guest opportunities, conflicts, and complaints on behalf of the Company in a fair and equitable manner.
• Makes decisions regarding valuable complimentaries based on a consideration of recorded play, earned points, comp availability and customer profitability.
• Utilizes telemarketing, correspondence, referrals, email and events to solicit and grow existing business.
• Achieves departmental sales and growth goals.
• Develops in-house invitation lists for special events and other significant hosting events.
• Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
• Attends and aids in the coordination of special events.
• Exhibits a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner when dealing with customers of fellow hosts.
• Utilizes Sales Force (CMS) tracking for all player contacts, profile preferences, and tasks. Completes all Sales Force task requirements in a timely manner. Reviews all monthly metrics with Manager and sets quarterly goals.
• Develops and maintains technical skills to maximize use of patron data systems.
• Establishes a direct line of communication with all service departments for the purpose of caring for variety levels of players.
• Monitors patron activity and profitability of all assigned players.
• Maintains the confidentiality of player information including but not limited to personal information such as name, address, contact information, level of play, wins, losses, number of visits, etc.
• Provides assistance at special events as needed.
• Provides professional representation on behalf of the Company at internal and external meetings and events.
• Ensures interactions with internal and external guests follow the guidelines of customer service program.
• Adheres to all Corporate and local policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
• Performs all other related & compatible duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or minimum of five (5) years customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a minimum of one (1) year Casino Guest Service experience, including but not limited to Player Development, Slots, or Table Games.
• One (1) year of hosting experience with adequate customer following preferred.
• Must have intermediate computer knowledge; MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Sales Force (CMS); ACSC preferred.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and a high level of professionalism at all times.
• Must have the ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to identify problems, collect data, analyze, and draw valid conclusions.
• Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions (i.e., written, oral, etc.).
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer