Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and safety standards. Completes all assignments of ware and utensil washing; keeps kitchen area clean throughout the shift, including appropriate removal and disposal of trash and waste materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Wash all dishes, glassware, silver, kitchenware and utensils as required.
• Maintain all back of the house areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Perform deep cleaning as assigned by supervisor.
• Become well versed in all ware washing equipment operation and maintenance.
• Adhere to all Corporate and local policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
• Notify supervising Chef immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good, safe working order.
• Must work well under pressure, and meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
• Adhere to all corporate and local policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
• Must at all times demonstrate ethical and cooperative behavior with guests, co-workers and leadership.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by department and/or company management.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
• High school diploma or G.E.D preferred.
• No previous experience required.
• Position requires scheduling flexibility, may be required to work weekends, holidays, overnight, or overtime, based upon scheduling and business needs.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to work as part of a team and to promote cooperative approach between departments.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, bending, lifting, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, and standing for long periods of time.
• Working in small, confined areas, with floors, which are or may become slippery in the process of conducting work activities.
• Walking and/or standing 95% of the time.
• Lifting from 75 to 100 pounds to stack, store or move materials, supplies and equipment.
• Push and pull carts and equipment weighing 250 pounds.
• Enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to working conditions of 110 degrees
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee mostly works inside the building. The employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles, toxic fumes and/or chemicals.
• The noise level in the work environment is loud.
• Exposure to bright lighting.
• Exposure to unrestricted second-hand smoke.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer