Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following
This position is Seasonal from September through December
Your daily responsibilities include:
· Responsible for cleaning all jockey, barn and racing area floors, windows, walls, stairs, and elevators.
· Responsible for spot vacuuming as required.
· Cleaning, disinfecting, and restocking all restrooms in jockey, barn and racing areas.
· Mopping floors around the bars, restrooms and other areas as needed.
· Responsible for removing all trash and debris from jockey, barn, and racing areas. Trash and debris to be deposited in the outside dumpster.
· Use of chemicals for cleaning and personal protective equipment.
· Ability to read, follow instructions, and understand visual aids.
· Must be able to interact with guests and provide guest service according to company standards.
· Must at all times demonstrate ethical and cooperative behavior with guests, co-workers and leadership.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned by department and/or company management.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
· Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
· Must qualify for licensing with the New Mexico Racing Commission
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required
· Ability to work as part of a team and to promote cooperative approach between departments.
· Ability to work unsupervised.
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
Six months related experience and/or training preferred.
This job will not have supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Written communication skills in English may also be required. Multilingual preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull and/or move up to 75 pounds and have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Able to perform duties in all weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer