Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? Hollywood Casino Joliet we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
a fun and entertaining experience for our guests and Cast members.
· Demonstrate abilities to meet performance expectations with Communications, Initiative/Problem Solving,
Guest Service/Interpersonal Relations, Work Habits and Conduct, and Responsible Gaming/Business Ethics.
· Communicate with guests, colleagues, and management in a polite, professional manner and always practice
Red Carpet Service.
· Able to work assigned stations including: fryer, pantry, prep and buffet stations, and have working knowledge of
all kitchen equipment.
· Assist in other areas of kitchen as instructed by Sous Chef, food and beverage supervisor or above.
· Check and ensure adequate supply of foods and seasonings are available through-out service.
· Check that food is properly prepared for cooking and serving.
· Communicates station needs, waste and discrepancies with immediate supervisor.
· Ensure all products are correctly and accurately labeled, dated and stored and organized in accordance with local health
Department and Company guidelines.
· Follow recipes to exact standards; follow recipes formulas, standards, cooking time, directions and quantities.
· Maintain walk-in coolers and freezers and other sanitation guidelines in accordance with Local
Department of Health Standards.
· Must be able to perform all knife cuts in accordance to safety guidelines.
· Must be able to perform under pressure, fulfilling production schedules in a timely manner.
· Open assigned outlets in time as instructed by a Chef, food and beverage supervisor or above.
· Prepare foods items according to directions.
· Prepare menu items, as ordered, per specifications with strict attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
· Report any spoilage or shortage immediately to Sous Chef.
· Report to Sous Chef at start of shift to receive instruction, i.e. as to daily specials and menu changes.
· Set up mise en place as per posted instructions.
· Follow safety rules and keep work area clean and orderly at all times.
· Attend scheduled meetings/classes/training as directed.
· Adhere to all Corporate and local policies, procedures, such as ServeSafe and Local Health Department
· Attend opening credits
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Perform other duties as assigned. FIFO, Cast members must stock rotate food in all coolers and dry storage areas.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES/JOB DIMENSIONS
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hollywood from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Cast members with irregular attendance will be subject to Hollywood disciplinary action procedures up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Cast members may be required to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Upon employment, all Cast members required to fully comply with Hollywood policies and procedures for the safe and efficient operation of Company facilities. Cast members who violate Company policies and procedures are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RED CARPET SERVICE
Retaining guests is essential to the success of our business and Red Carpet Customer Service keeps our customers coming back! We go above customer courtesy and create a star experience like no other for all of our guests. It is your responsibility to apply Red Carpet Customer Service in every interaction you have at Hollywood Casino both with our guests and with your fellow co-workers. It will be your job requirement to deliver Red Carpet Service at all times in every situation.
The person in this role has no supervisory responsibilities; however, in the absence of a supervisor, they may be asked to:
Answer routine questions from co-workers Lead completion of daily tasks within the department or work unit Interact with others when necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer