POSITION: Food Court Cook 3
Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
- Works closely with Sous Chef to monitor culinary standards and operational guidelines within a specific outlet for a specific shift including kitchen areas, food preparation activities and facilities
- Administers all aspects of food preparation ensuring kitchen is clean, well stocked and problem-free.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Efficient preparation of all food related items for both batch and individual plated recipes with attention to maintaining appropriate food costs, volume, quality, and attractiveness.
- Ability to perform the functions of any culinary task assigned within kitchen such as broiler, sauté, Asian and prep when needed.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all state and Company sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non slip footwear, knife handling, and proper lifting).
- Monitoring/implementation of garbage separation and disposal as per standards.
- Partners with Sous Chef to coordinate work flow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Must acquire all necessary skills to act as Sous Chef within 18 months.
- Write prep list and take inventory.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill-set:
- Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must enjoy hosting others
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- College degree or Culinary Arts degree preferred or a minimum of four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a progressively more challenging large volume high quality food establishment.
- Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for menu planning, soups, sauces, meat and seafood items for batch or individual recipes.
- Ability to cost out recipes
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication, must be fluent and literate in English
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"