Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
- Promote and maintain all steps of the STARS program with each patron and employee you may come in contact with (eye contact, hi- greeting, goodbye as a departure).
- Maintains work areas (kitchens, cooking preparation, etc), equipment (cook stoves, grills, stove hoods, deep fryers etc.), and utensils.
- Ensure proper storage of equipment, chemicals and restaurant supplies in compliance with departmental, company and OSHA standards, in the dish and pot rooms, kitchens, mop rooms and trash dock. This includes but is not limited to china, glassware, silverware, trash cans, trash dumpsters, pots & pans.
- Removes garbage and trash, and places refuse in designated pick-up area.
- Ensure the proper stocking and restocking of all food line china and utensils before, during and after the restaurant hours of operation.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the Backstage Cafe area including stocking dishes, food items, napkins, cups, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must enjoy hosting others
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Six plus months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, Word)
- Must be able to read and write in English and have good verbal communicating skills.
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting and fractions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"