Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? Hollywood Casino Joliet we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
• Achieve desired results through established methods, procedures and guidelines to maintain desired standards, and high quality service. Monitor results through inspection, evaluation and analysis. Makes changes if necessary to achieve end result.
• Responsible for supervising all Stewarding staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift. Supports, administers and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
• Ensures cleanliness standards meet established guidelines in all F&B outlet kitchens.
• Responsible for maintenance of cost control methods and procedures by monitoring consistent pars and inventory of supplies.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
• Create effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
• Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
• Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
• Maintains established quality assurance procedures to ensure acceptable health department and customer service standards in Stewarding department.
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in culinary or related field from four year college or university; four years Stewarding or equivalent experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior gaming experience preferred. Minimum of four years supervisory experience required.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
• Responsible for staff development and training programs.
• Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
• Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
• Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
• Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
• Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer